- Vitamin A should be measured in micrograms per retinol activity. This allows consumers to view various forms of vitamin A, which will help to prevent overdoses.
- Vitamin D will be measured in micrograms instead of IUs.
- Vitamin E will be measured in milligrams RRR-a-Tocopherol. This way, naturally occurring and synthetic vitamin E can be distinguished.
- Folic Acid will be measured in mcg Dietary Folate Equivalents so that consumers can learn more about bioavailability.
- Choline is a new voluntary nutrient.
Informative labeling allows people to make healthy food choices, so the nutritional facts panel has a core role to play in American wellbeing. The FDA is hoping to extend compliance dates for its new nutritional labeling regulations to 2020. The new regulations include: New Measurements